T Visa Lawyer in Texas | Akpassa Law
Apply for the T Visa and get the protection you need.
The T Visa Nonimmigrant status is a visa for those who are victims of the serious crime of human trafficking. It allows them to stay in the United States for up to 4 years if they have collaborated with the government to provide more information about these crimes, and they meet the necessary documentation and requirements.
Unfortunately, many people tend to take advantage of the vulnerable situation in which many migrants find themselves in the country, leading them to situations of labor or sex trafficking. That is why the government decided to do something to protect them and implemented the so-called T Visa under the Law for the Protection of Victims of Human Trafficking and Violence.
Not many lawyers deal with these kinds of cases, so if you are looking for a T Visa lawyer in Texas, Akpassa Law may be the right option.
T Visa Eligibility Conditions
T Visa requirements include:
- Being a victim of sex trafficking or labor trafficking.
- Being in the US, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, or at a port of entry, due to human smuggling.
- Cooperate with any reasonable request from law enforcement to assist in the investigation or prosecution of trafficking (unless you are under 18 or unable to cooperate due to trauma).
- You must show that you would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and serious harm if you left the US and returned to your home country.
- Be eligible for admission to the United States (or you may apply for a waiver using Form I-192).
The benefits of the T Visa
Once the T Visa is approved, the applicant is allowed to be in the country legally for 4 years. Plus, she or he has a path to social services and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) without having to file Form I-765.
But probably one of the biggest benefits of the T Visa is that it offers a path to Permanent Residency. The beneficiary can then count on work, food, and legal residence.
Just as it has many benefits, the T Visa has many requirements and small steps that are very difficult to follow without legal assistance. That is why it is highly recommended to go to a specialized T Visa attorney.
Contact Our Lawyers Today!
Are you looking for legal representation?