Some FAQs to get your immigration process started

Navigating through the immigration process in the United States can be quite challenging. Its complexity is often compared to the intricate U.S. tax code. Given the intricate nature of the process, consulting an immigration attorney is advisable to avoid potential delays and complications.

Green cards come in two forms. The Conditional Permanent Resident Card is valid for two years, while the standard green card has a ten-year validity period. Both types of green cards require renewal upon expiration. The two-year conditional green card must be converted into a ten-year green card by lifting the conditions, while the ten-year green card must be renewed if the holder does not attain naturalization.

Yes, there is a provision under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) that enables victims of domestic violence or spousal abuse to independently petition for a green card, even without the consent of the abusive U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative.

While VAWA was originally established in 1994 to combat violence against women, its scope has now been expanded. Today, not just women, but also men, children, parents, and members of the LGBTQ+ community who meet the eligibility criteria can file a VAWA self-petition.

Green card applications can be denied due to incorrect paperwork, incomplete submissions, or lack of appropriate evidentiary documentation. If your application was denied, it's advisable to consult with an immigration attorney to explore the possibility of reopening your case.

A Fiancé Visa, or K-1 Visa, is a non-immigrant visa that allows the engaged partner to come to the United States. The couple must marry within 90 days of entry, after which the immigrant partner can apply for a green card. A Marriage-based Green Card, on the other hand, starts with the filing of form I-130 and grants the non-citizen a green card upon arrival in the U.S., unlike the Fiancé visa.

Yes, it is possible to self-petition for your green card without your spouse under certain conditions, like divorce, the death of a spouse, abuse, or extreme hardship.

The U Visa is a nonimmigrant status awarded to victims of certain crimes who have endured mental or physical abuse and have aided law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

An immigration waiver essentially acts as a "pardon" for a specific immigration violation that would otherwise render a non-citizen inadmissible. An immigration attorney can guide you through the waiver preparation process.

We represent clients not just across all 50 states, but even abroad. Contact us today and tell us your case.

Our fees vary based on the specific immigration matter at hand. We will provide a precise fee estimate after evaluating your case during our consultation. You can contact us or book an appointment online for further details.

The duration of the green card procedure varies greatly depending on the specific pathway being pursued. It can range from as short as five months to more than two years.

Contact Our Lawyers Today!

 Are you looking for legal representation?

Skip to content
This site is registered on as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.