Experienced Work Visa Attorney in Texas

Share your talent with the U.S. through an employment-based green card lawyer

Akpassa Law Firm assists both documented and undocumented immigrants in obtaining legal status through employment-based petitions. We are specialized work visa attorneys in Texas. Our dedicated staff will fight to help our clients achieve the American Dream by exploring every available opportunity.

Employment-based immigration

In this country, there are numerous opportunities for individuals to thrive in the workplace and attain a better quality of life. Therefore, many immigrants choose to enhance their prospects, as well as those of their families, by obtaining a work visa.

If you are considering bringing your skills to the United States, you should first take several factors into consideration. First and foremost, you will require the services of an employment-based green card lawyer to achieve your goals. Obtaining work authorization is no easy task, and there is a wide array of options available to do so. A work visa attorney will understand the best path for you and how to navigate it successfully.

How to get working papers in Texas

There are several work visa options available, depending on the hiring conditions and various factors such as your level of experience, the duration of your stay in the country, your legal status, and more.

Temporary Work Visa

A temporary work visa is a type of visa that allows foreign nationals to temporarily live and work in the United States for a specified period. These visas are often categorized based on the specific employment situation and the qualifications of the applicants. Here are some of the most common temporary work visas in the United States:

  • L1-A and L-1B Temporary Worker Visa: 
    The L-1 visa is designed for intracompany transferees. L-1A is for managers and executives, while L-1B is for employees with specialized knowledge. This visa enables multinational companies to transfer their employees to the U.S. for work-related purposes.


  • H-1B Temporary Worker Visa: 
    The H-1B visa is for foreign workers with specialized skills or knowledge, typically in fields such as technology, science, engineering, and medicine. Employers sponsor these individuals to work in the U.S. for a specific job.


  • TN Temporary Worker Visa: 
    The TN visa is available to Canadian and Mexican citizens under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). It allows individuals with certain professional qualifications to work in the U.S.


  • E-3 Temporary Worker Visa:
    The E-3 visa is specifically for Australian nationals looking to work in a specialty occupation in the United States. It is somewhat similar to the H-1B visa, but has a separate allocation of visas.


  • B-1 Temporary Business Visitor Visa:
    While not strictly a work visa, the B-1 visa permits foreign nationals to enter the U.S. for short-term business activities such as meetings, conferences, and consulting. It does not allow for traditional employment in the country.


  • O-1 Temporary Worker Visa:
    The O-1 visa is for individuals with extraordinary abilities or achievements in fields like the arts, sciences, education, athletics, or business. It is for those who have demonstrated exceptional expertise and recognition in their respective fields.

Permanent Worker Visas

If your ultimate goal is to relocate to the United States permanently and bring your family along with you, it’s essential to explore Permanent Worker Visas, which offer a pathway to lawful, long-term residency in the country. 

These visas are designed to cater to individuals with specific skills, expertise, or job opportunities, and they come in several categories, including the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Permanent Worker Visas.

  • EB-1 Permanent Worker Visa:

    The EB-1 visa is often referred to as the “priority worker” visa. It is reserved for individuals with extraordinary abilities or outstanding achievements in their respective fields, such as renowned artists, researchers, professors, multinational executives, and those who have displayed exceptional talent in their professions. Qualifying for this visa category is highly competitive, but it provides a direct path to permanent residency in the United States.

  • EB-2 Permanent Worker Visa:

    The EB-2 visa is intended for professionals with advanced degrees or individuals with exceptional abilities in their field, who have a significant job offer in the United States. This category also includes National Interest Waiver (NIW) petitions, which allow individuals to self-petition if their work is deemed to be of national interest, like researchers, scientists, and some healthcare professionals.

  • EB-3 Permanent Worker Visa: The EB-3 visa is aimed at skilled workers, professionals, and other workers who have a job offer in the United States and possess the necessary qualifications for their position. This category is broader and encompasses a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled professions, making it a viable option for many individuals seeking permanent employment in the U.S.

National Interest Waiver (NIW)

The National Interest Waiver (NIW) is a category within the EB-2 visa that allows self-petitioning for a U.S. green card. It’s available to those with advanced degrees or exceptional ability in fields of significant national interest. The NIW eliminates the need for labor certification and a job offer, making it attractive for professionals and researchers. To qualify, applicants must demonstrate the beneficial impact of their work on the U.S. and provide compelling evidence of their achievements. 

Contact Our Lawyers Today!

 Are you looking for legal representation?

Skip to content
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.